T-Birds Announce Promotions and Giveaways For 2017-18 Season
Twelve promotional giveaway nights, eight 2-For-Tuesday games, three Pub Nights
KENT, August 1, 2017 — The 2017 WHL Champion Seattle Thunderbirds are excited to reveal the promotional and giveaway schedule for the 2017-18 season.
The T-Birds will kick off the regular season against the Tri-City Americans on Saturday, September 23 at 7:05pm at the ShoWare Center. To honor a historic 2016-17 season, the T-Birds will raise the Western Conference Champion and Western Hockey League Champion banners in a special pregame ceremony.
A Party On The Plaza for the first game of the season with food, music and a beer garden will start at 4pm. The Party On The Plaza will feature the arrival of the entire T-Birds team with the Ed Chynoweth Cup at 5pm. Fans are encouraged to be on the plaza early to welcome the 2017 WHL Champions as they arrive for the home opener. The ShoWare Center doors will open once the team enters the building.
There will be 12 promotional giveaways for fans during the 2017-18 season. The giveaways include a WHL Championship Window Cling, T-Birds Magnetic Schedule courtesy of Pat’s Plumbing, eight player magnet nights, T-Birds Team Calendar Night and a Team Poster Night.
Director’s Mortgage 2-For-Tuesday nights are back for another season. There are eight home games scheduled on a Tuesday. For each of these eight games, fans can purchase two tickets for the price of one. The concession stands will have $2 specials on hot dogs, popcorn, and soft drinks and two-for-one beer prices.
The Thunderbirds Community Sports Foundation will guarantee a minimum prize amount for the 50/50 raffle at three games this season. On November 18 against the Everett Silvertips, there will be a guaranteed $5,000 prize. There will be a guaranteed $7,500 prize on Saturday, December 30 against the Portland Winterhawks. The final guaranteed 50/50 raffle prize of $10,000 will be Saturday, February 10 when the T-Birds face the Portland Winterhawks.
There will be three Pub Nights at T-Birds games this season. Fans can purchase 10 tickets, 10 beers and 10 hats for $220 to these games. The Pub Nights will be November 10, January 12 and March 9. Tickets for Pub Night must be purchased prior to game day.
There will be two Youth Group Nights this season; one on Saturday, October 21 and the other on Sunday, February 18. The first 1,000 fans to purchase tickets to a Youth Group Night game will receive a T-Birds hat. There will also be $1 ice cream at the concession stands for all fans.
The inaugural Reber Ranch Wiener Dog Races will be Saturday, October 7 when the T-Birds face the Portland Winterhawks. The races will take place during the first intermission.
In honor of Breast Cancer Awareness Month in October, Pink the Rink Night will be Saturday, October 14 against the Victoria Royals. T-Birds players will be wearing special pink jerseys that will be auctioned off during the game. Fans are encouraged to wear pink at the game to show support for breast cancer awareness. A season ticket holder postgame autograph session will follow this game.
The popular Turkey and Ham shoots brought to you by Fred Meyer will be returning this season. The Fred Meyer Turkey Shoot will take place prior to Thanksgiving on Saturday, November 11. The Fred Meyer Ham Shoot will be held Friday, December 8. All females, 18 and older, in attendance will have the opportunity to participate in a puck shoot contest after the game to win a complimentary turkey or ham.
The annual Les Schwab Tire Centers Toy Drive will take place at the games on Saturday, December 2 and Tuesday, December 5. The T-Birds and Les Schwab Tire Centers are teaming up to collect new, unwrapped toys for children in need during the holiday season.
The Fred Meyer Teddy Bear Toss presented by WARM 106.9 FM will be Saturday, January 20 against the Swift Current Broncos. All teddy bears and other stuffed animals thrown on the ice after the T-Birds first goal of the game will be collected and distributed by the WARM 106.9 FM Teddy Bear Patrol.
Hockey Challenge to benefit the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Western Washington and Alaska (RMHC) is scheduled for Saturday, February 24 against the Everett Silvertips. The game will have a special start time at 6:05pm. In 19 years the Hockey Challenge has raised $5.1 million for RMHC.
Season Ticket Holder Introduce a Friend to Hockey Night will be Wednesday, November 22 when the T-Birds face the Regina Pats in a rematch of the 2017 WHL Championship Series. Season ticket holders are encouraged to purchase four premium tickets for $30 or 10 premium tickets for $50 to give out to family and friends to come and enjoy a T-Birds game. Tickets must be bought in groups of four or 10.
Military Appreciation Night is on Saturday, November 11 when the T-Birds face the Kamloops Blazers. Boy Scout Night will be Saturday, December 2 and Boy/Girl Scout Night is Saturday, February 3. The T-Birds will honor the local Sno-King Junior Thunderbirds on Sno-King Night December 2. Support A Sport Night is on Friday, December 8 against the Tri-City Americans.
New Country Night presented by 94.1 KMPS is Friday, February 16 against the Everett Silvertips. Mascot Night will be held on Sunday, February 18 when the T-Birds face the Spokane Chiefs. Fan Appreciation Night is on March 10 against the Everett Silvertips.
The WHL Champion T-Birds begin the 2017-18 Western Hockey League regular season against the Tri-City Americans on Saturday, September 23 at 7:05pm at the ShoWare Center.
Season tickets for the WHL Champion T-Birds 2017-18 season are currently on sale. The tickets can be purchased by calling the T-Birds office at 253-239-7825.
T-Birds single game tickets for the 2017-18 regular season will go on sale August 23 at 10am online on the T-Birds website or at the ShoWare Center box office.
2017-18 THUNDERBIRDS PROMOTION AND GIVEAWAY SCHEDULE
– Saturday, September 23 vs. Tri-City, Party on the Plaza, 2017 WHL Champions Arrival on Plaza, Championship Banner Raisings, 2017 WHL Champions Window Cling
– Friday, September 29 vs. Prince George, 2017-18 Magnetic Schedule Giveaway courtesy of Pat’s Plumbing
– Saturday, October 7 vs. Portland, Reber Ranch Wiener Dog Races
– Tuesday, October 10 vs. Vancouver, Director’s Mortgage 2-For-Tuesday, Player Magnet 1 (first 2,500 fans)
– Saturday, October 14 vs. Victoria, Pink the Rink, Season Ticket Holder Post-Game Autograph Session
– Saturday, October 21 vs. Moose Jaw, Youth Group Night 1
– Friday, November 10 vs. Tri-City, Pub Night 1
– Saturday, November 11 vs. Kamloops, Military Appreciation Night, Fred Meyer Turkey Shoot
– Tuesday, November 14 vs. Prince Albert, Director’s Mortgage 2-For-Tuesday, Player Magnet 2 (first 2,500 fans)
– Saturday, November 18 vs. Everett, Thunderbirds Community Sports Foundation guaranteed $5,000 50/50 prize
– Wednesday, November 22 vs. Regina, Season Ticket Holder Introduce a Friend to Hockey Night
– Saturday, December 2 vs. Kamloops, Boy Scout Night, Sno-King Night, Les Schwab Toy Drive
– Tuesday, December 5 vs. Saskatoon, Director’s Mortgage 2-For-Tuesday, Player Magnet 3 (first 2,500 fans), Les Schwab Toy Drive
– Friday, December 8 vs. Tri-City, Support A Sport, Fred Meyer Ham Shoot
– Saturday, December 30 vs. Portland, Thunderbirds Community Sports Foundation guaranteed $7,500 50/50 prize
– Saturday, January 6 vs. Spokane, Team 2018 Calendar Giveaway, Doxon Toyota Mite Fest
– Tuesday, January 9 vs. Portland, Director’s Mortgage 2-For-Tuesday, Player Magnet 4 (first 2,500 fans)
– Friday, January 12 vs. Kelowna, Pub Night 2
– Saturday, January 20 vs. Swift Current, Fred Meyer Teddy Bear Toss presented by WARM 106.9 FM
– Tuesday, January 23 vs. Brandon, Director’s Mortgage 2-For-Tuesday, Player Magnet 5 (first 2,500 fans)
– Saturday, February 3 vs. Victoria, Boy and Girl Scout Night
– Tuesday, February 6 vs. Tri-City, Director’s Mortgage 2-For-Tuesday, Player Magnet 6 (first 2,500 fans)
– Saturday, February 10 vs. Portland, Thunderbirds Community Sports Foundation guaranteed $10,000 50/50 prize
– Friday, February 16 vs. Everett, New Country Night presented by 94.1 KMPS
– Sunday, February 18 vs. Spokane, Youth Group Night 2, Mascot Night, Doxon Toyota Beginner Fest
– Saturday, February 24 vs. Everett, Hockey Challenge to benefit Ronald McDonald House Charities of Western Washington & Alaska
– Tuesday, February 27 vs. Vancouver, Director’s Mortgage 2-For-Tuesday, Player Magnet 7 (first 2,500 fans)
– Tuesday, March 6 vs. Tri-City, Director’s Mortgage 2-For-Tuesday, Player Magnet 8 (first 2,500 fans)
– Friday, March 9 vs. Spokane, Pub Night 3
– Saturday, March 10 vs. Everett, Fan Appreciation Night
– Saturday, March 17 vs. Portland, Team Poster Giveaway